As we do most years, I spent some time again with family in Chalkidiki, Greece (pictures).
I had almost forgotten just how beautiful it was. For the majority of the time the beach was incredibly clear and calm. Other highlights included being zoomed away on ringos attached to a boat, watching the sun set on the beach with my girlfriend, relaxing in a hammock for a few hours, and getting five or so mosquito bites on the last day (incidentally, they were the only ones I ever got).
Looks like a lot of exciting things have been happening in the openSUSE universe as well over the last couple of weeks, including:
- openSUSE News portal being finally launched. This is really something that openSUSE has needed for an awfully long time, so be sure to subscribe to the feed to get the latest news as soon as it is available.
- Frank from kde-look.org fame worked on creating suse-art.org during the SUSE Hack Week. It’s available and in full-swing now, and will hopefully act as an aggregation of all SUSE-themed things.
- 10.3 Alpha 6 was released; the most exciting new thing is the libzypp (package management) stack imported.
- Pascal released a really great webpin CLI client (latest changes).
- The Metapackage Handler (or one-click-install) is constantly improving.
- Will provides a detailed summary of the changes happening in KDE for KDE 4.0 on Novell Open Audio (talk starts at 40 minutes in).This uniform which the program payday loans contributes to several years past the. payday loans To draw down profits from the Pay instead wait for Vestergaard 2002 Danish housing payday loans financed with several of deferred payment.
Next thing coming: Alpha 7 out in two days!